The firm came into existence in 1931 following a collaboration between architects Herbert Sprotte and Peter Neve, who, interrupted only by World War II, successfully established themselves in Hamburg. Ever since, the company has continuously been developing and creating contemporary architecture. Architects Alf M. Prasch, Wolfgang Nietz, and Peter Sigl joined the office between 1970 and 1974, putting a new generation at the core of the company. During the 1980s the firm undertook its first international construction projects in the Middle East, as well as working on numerous regional projects. Additional branches were opened in Berlin and Dresden in 1993, and in 1995 architects Sergei Tchoban and Ekkehard Voss joined the firm as new partners, becoming the company’s leading partners in 2015. Since 2009 the company’s structure has been strengthened by the addition of associate partners and project partners. Since 2017 the trade name of the office is Tchoban Voss Architekten.